Squash Lamb Curry
While its almost.. kind of.. cold outside, we are embracing October with a bowl of Squash and Lamb Curry. A delicious and nutritious meal that feels like a hug on a coldish day. This recipe is easy to make and you can easily modify it to make it more hearty.
-2 Medium chopped onions
-Fusion Curry Spice Mix
-1 cup Diced tomato (fresh or canned)
-1lb of Lamb
-Fresh Coriander for garnish
1. Fry the chopped onions in 5tbs of vegetable oil until it is a light brown colour on medium heat. The slight char on the onions will add more flavour to the soup
2. Next add 3 tbs of the FUSION Curry mix into the onions and mix well. The heat of the oil and onions will activate the spices to release their aroma.
3. After that we want to add in the diced tomato, you can use canned or fresh. Stir the onion spice mixture with the tomato until the you get a chucky salsa like consistency. You can then cook on slow-medium heat with the lid to allow the water from the tomato to release. If the tomato is still chunky, blend it all together to make smooth.
4. Next you want to add in about 1.5 cups of water and stir well
5. Finally in the lamb and cover pot, cook for 30-40 minutes until meat is tender
6. Final step is to add in your chopped squash
7. Cook covered for an additional 8-10 minutes or until squash is soft. It should not take long
Garnish with coriander, serve with rice or naan.